3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2008 6:46 PM by (WollombiWombat)

CAPTCHA problems

Level 1
      Hi
      I have included ADDT captcha on a number of contact forms for many clients. Almost all of them have reported problems experienced by users attempting to submit the form. They continually get the Captcha error message that the entered characters do not match the security code. When ever I have tested the forms they appear to function correctly. I even include a note to advise that the users should only use uppercase or lowercase (whichever I have setup) so I am hoping its not a case related problem due to user mistakenly typing the wrong case for their input.

Would be interested to learn if anyone else has experienced problems with ADDT Captcha.
        • 1. Re: CAPTCHA problems
          Waleed Barakat Level 1
          actually i have experienced that before but solved when i re overwrite the .captcha folder, i found that the captacha images repated 2 times so when you type the given chars you type the first old captcha image which is not what you see.

but working well when i re overwrite the includes/common/temp/.cpatcha folder
          • 2. Re: CAPTCHA problems
            Level 1
            Hi Waleed,
            Thanks for the tip.
            Cheers.
            • 3. Re: CAPTCHA problems
              Hi Waleed,
              Do you have to overwrite the captcha directory often or is this
              something that is done just once?

Thanks.

Chris

Waleed_Barakat@adobeforums.com wrote:
              > actually i have experienced that before but solved when i re overwrite the .captcha folder, i found that the captacha images repated 2 times so when you type the given chars you type the first old captcha image which is not what you see.
              >
              > but working well when i re overwrite the includes/common/temp/.cpatcha folder