12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 2:56 PM by (Tim_Froling)

Internal error. session expired

Hi,

With multiple image upload I upload 4 images per record. All is stored in maps named with the id of the record.
      Now I want to show thumbnails of these images with the popup-feature.

The thumbnails show fine but when I click on it to popup I get an empty window with the following text: Internal error. session expired

For an example click on the thumbnail of the following link:
      http://occasions.atopreklame.nl/show_detail.php?recordID=82

How can I solve this??

Greetings,
      C.J. Ophorst.
        • 1. Re: Internal error. session expired
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi,

there´s no such message when clicking on a thumbnail - all fine here.

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Internal error. session expired
            Level 1
            Hi Günter,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed in the link above everything seems ok.
            But I use the same system in another webpage with frames and then I get this error again.
            To see where it goes wrong see this link and click on "Alle occasions" on the left:
            http://www.abcautos.nl/ABC-frame.htm

When you choose a car and click on one of the thumbnails I get the error message.

Thanks again,
            C.J. Ophorst.
            • 3. Re: Internal error. session expired
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi C.J.,

I see you have now posted the question to the Adobe Romania "MX File Upload Forums" as well, and James suggested to add...

session_save_path("/home/users/path/to/your/cgi-bin/tmp");

...at the top of the file.

Does this suggestion work for you ?

Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Internal error. session expired
                Level 1
                Hi Günter,

No this doesn't work for me.
                I added this line at the top of popup_image.php.
                The sessions are saved well in the tmp directory but I still get the error: Internal error. session expired.

C.J. Ophorst.
                • 5. Re: Internal error. session expired
                  Level 1
                  Günter,

I uploaded the complete "includes map" again and now I have it work in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer I still get the error message.

C.J.
                  • 6. Re: Internal error. session expired
                    Günter Schenk Level 4
                    Hi C.J.,

>>
                    ...but in Internet Explorer I still get the error message
                    >>

no clue, maybe it´s still in IE´s browser cache ?

However, in order to get *really* rid of the unwanted "Internal error. session expired" messages in "popup_image.php", you´d simply have to comment out (//) the 2 lines...

// die('Internal Error. Session expired.');

...which actually make the page "die" ahead of time. As in your case the session seems to be set and the images are all there, I do think it´s ok to apply this "dirty trick" - however, do that at your own "risk" :-)

Günter Schenk
                    • 7. Re: Internal error. session expired
                      Level 1
                      Hi Günter

Thank you for your reply.
                      I comment out the two lines: die('Internal Error. Session expired.');

Now I get this message: PHP_FILE_RENAME_NO_FILE

It looks like he doesn't see the file.
                      When I refresh the page and try the popup again, everything is OK.
                      It happens just the first time and only in IE.

I hope you know an answer for this.

C.J. Ophorst
                      • 8. Re: Internal error. session expired
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        Hi C.J,

>>
                        I hope you know an answer for this
                        >>

no, I´m now admittedly at my wit´s end, also because I never used ADDT´s "popup_image" file for displaying "big pics" at all. Maybe someone else can help ?

Günter Schenk
                        • 9. Re: Internal error. session expired
                          Level 1
                          Hi Günter,

I asked in my service provider forum for this problem and they said it is a typically IE problem. In all other browsers it works well.
                          Becuase of the standard privacy settings of IE the session cookie which is set from popup_image.php?id=KT_thumbnail1&n=2 is blocked because this page is in an iFrame in another domain.

page= http://www.abcautos.nl/ABC-frame.htm
                          iFrame= http://occasions.atopreklame.nl/showlist.php?userid=7

They said that instead of working with a session cookie I should give an extra variable (userid) to popup_image.php.

So change
                          http://occasions.atopreklame.nl/incl ... thumbnail1&n=0
                          to
                          http://occasions.atopwebhosting.nl/incl ... thumbnail1&n=0&userid=22

The problem is I don't know how to do this.
                          Can you do something with this information to solve my problem?

Thank you,
                          C.J.
                          • 10. Re: Internal error. session expired
                            Günter Schenk Level 4
                            Hi C.J,

>>
                            They said that instead of working with a session cookie I should give an extra variable (userid) to popup_image.php
                            >>

when opening the file popup_image.php in Code View, you´ll see that its functionality is based on using the $_SESSION['tng_popup'] - variable all over the place. That said, I personally wouldn´t even dare to modify (means: to kick out the session variables) this script at all in order to not wreck havoc -- and I certainly wouldn´t recommend that to anyone else ;-)

One thing should be said though :: all of ADDT´s scripts are based on using them solely on the very domain they´re installed on, what´s certainly a good thing for providing a maximum of security -- any "cross site access" usage is not intended, and IMHO it´s OK that the image popup doesn´t allow anyone doing this by checking the existance of this session variable.

If I were you, I´d rather not use ADDT´s popup_image file at all, but rather try using a separate "dynamic image gallery" PHP script that´s reading the image contents of a specified directory into an array, displays the pics as "generated on the fly" thumbnails and allows for showing the "real" image in a popup -- hotscript.com is full of such stuff.

Günter Schenk
                            • 11. Re: Internal error. session expired
                              Level 1
                              Hi Günther,

Thank you for your explanation.
                              To popup my thumbnails I now use a javascript from hotscript.com instead of the popup_image.php file from ADDT like you said. It all works fine now.

Regards,
                              C.J. Ophorst.
                              • 12. Re: Internal error. session expired
                                I had this error when I shifted a site to a new server. The only difference I could see was in the php.ini file.

>; Whether to use cookies

>session.use_cookies = 1

>;session.cookie_secure = 1

Once I commented out the ;session.cookie_secure = 1 value (to match the working server) it all worked sweet again!