5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2007 4:36 PM by Günter Schenk

Kicked out after registration

Hi

Using DWCS3 ADDT PHP/MySQL

I have created a scenario where a user registers their details including photo, then logs in and is redirected to user personal home page where they can see their photo and other personal details. That all sounds great but it only works like that on my computer where the site was created.

Any other computer has a problem. The problem is that once the registration details are submitted, the details go the right area in the database but the user is kicked out to the "Page cannot be displayed" browser window. It appears as though the registration did not work until you go in and login with your details and the site works perfectly.

If i remove the image upload function from the registration form it works fine. However, i want to include the upload photo in the registration process.
      Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks
      Gary
        • 1. Re: Kicked out after registration
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi,

did you specify a redirection page for the image upload ? if so, I reckon there´s a conflict with ADDT´s native "redirect after login" procedure, which of course shouldn´t be overridden.

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Kicked out after registration
            Level 1
            Hi Gunter.

I have not specified a re direction page for the image upload. There does not appear to be an option for re direction in the "Upload and Resize Image" wizard therefore i don't think i have created a conflict with ADDT's "redirect after login" procedure. As explained, if i do not include the upload image procedure in the registration form everything works fine so we can isolate the area of concern to the image upload functions. Unfortunately i am not great with code, that's why i am using ADDT.

Also, as a reminder, the actual registration is successful. All information including the image and filename are sent to the datebase and images folder. The problem is, instead of getting the "Registration Successful" message the "Page cannot be displayed" message appears (after submitting) while the URL address in the browser window is still on the registration page.

As explained in my first message, it all works as it should on the computer which created the pages and i think this must be a clue.

Any ideas?
            Gary
            • 3. Re: Kicked out after registration
              Level 1
              Hi Gunter.

It is working now. It must have been human error. I removed everything and started again.

Thanks for your concern.

I love ADDT

Regards
              Gary
              • 4. Re: Kicked out after registration
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Gary,

>>
                Any ideas?
                >>

not really, lol :-)

I simply don´t know if (or if not) the implementation of any additional (and, in the context of ADDT´s registration procedure, not scheduled) "trigger" such as an extra image upload may possibly conflict with existing stuff like e.g. the "send email" trigger or whatever else -- never tried that myself.

However, in all my ADDT driven user admins I always use to provide an "edit my account details" page (a simple "update record" form WHERE the login table´s "user_id" matches the "kt_login_id" session variable) that´s showing a definable subset of fields, means you can as well provide the image upload - facility in here -- of course that´s now leaving your initial scenario, but *this* solution will work and will allow you to leave ADDT´s registration page "as is".

Günter Schenk
                • 5. Re: Kicked out after registration
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi Gary,

>>

It is working now. It must have been human error.
                  >>

there´s no such thing like "human error" when using ADDT, lol :-) Now, how did you do that, respectively what could have caused the initial error ? Other users reading this might be keen on that as well.

Cheers !

Günter Schenk

P.S. However, providing an "edit my account settings" - page is still a good thing nonetheless -- what if I, the fictious new user, simply don´t have a cool picture at hand at the time of registration ?