5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 8:04 AM by Waleed Barakat

Contact Form, isn't working

Hi I'm having a contact form with the custom form wizard but isn't working, I'm having this

Error:
      Internal error.
      Developer Details:
      tNG_fields.getFakeRecordset:
      SQL error: Error creating fake recordset:

SQL:
      SELECT '' AS Name, '' AS Phone_Number, '' AS E_mail, '' AS Question (FIELDS_FAKE_RS_ERROR)
      tNG Execution Trace - VIEW

* tNG_custom.executeTransaction
      o STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
      * tNG_custom.getRecordset
      * tNG_custom.getLocalRecordset
      * tNG_custom.getFakeRecordset*

Not sure about what this mean, actually I have the same form working in so many websites, is here when isn't working

Thanks

Arturo
        • 1. Re: Contact Form, isn't working
          Waleed Barakat Level 1
          Hi
          Please try to review this tutorial
          ------------------------------------
          http://www.developer-online.com/tutorial_details.php?id_tut=40
          • 2. Re: Contact Form, isn't working
            drewread
            Does the MySQL user for the connection you are using have enough permissions to create a fake recordset?

I believe this is what usually causes this error, IIRC.

Drew
            • 3. Re: Contact Form, isn't working
              Waleed Barakat Level 1
              Hi, Actually fake recordset mean the you have to have a database attached to the form you are sending messages from.

so there is no permessions required or granted you just have to create an empty database and link the form to it, even if there is no tables in it.

or you might recheck your document for "reserved words" it do stop the form from being functional correctly.

for more information please go to the tutorial i mentioned above...
              __
              Best Regards
              Waleed Barakat
              Developer-Online Creator and programmer
              http://www.developer-online.com
              • 4. Re: Contact Form, isn't working
                drewread Level 1
                Waleed,

I am not going to disagree with what you are saying, have never had a ADDT (or Interakt) form that didn't use a database recordset. I don't even think you can have one without a recordset, in fact.

I do know for a fact that when using ADDT and Interakt forms and lists, that if my database user didn't have enough permissions on the MySQL database to create the fake recordset that was required to process the form I did receive this error message.

Drew
                • 5. Re: Contact Form, isn't working
                  Waleed Barakat Level 1
                  Hi
                  I didn`t mentioned that you shouldn`t have a recordset in your form, because you will have one when you insert the custom_form_wizard, your recordset will named as custom_name

what i meant is that you have to have an empty database, that means you don`t have to create any tables inside your database then select it as described in the tutorial, or with normal steps while creating a custom forms.

if the problem still persists please let me know, i am eager to help you - or if you solved it please let me know to learn from you.

we are here in this forums for that, learn and make others learn... we all experience our problems with each other.

__
                  Best Regards
                  Waleed Barakat
                  Developer-Online Creator and programmer
                  http://www.developer-online.com