6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2008 6:17 AM by (Andrew_Fenske)

Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question

Level 1
      I've now added a second display to my system and managed to profile it with an Eye-One. Can anyone tell me if the LOGO Calibration Loader will load the profiles for both screens? Also how does it know which profiles to load and to where?

Thxs
      Colin
        • 1. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
          Lou Dina Level 3
          Colin,

I can only comment on a WinXP system. Haven't used Vista or a Mac.

On a WinXP system, you normally need a video card with two separate LUTs to use two profiles. My card has only one LUT, but I have managed to calibrate and profile both monitors. My main monitor is hooked up the digital connection and my secondary monitor (for palettes) is hooked up to the analog connection.

Using PM5 or i1Match, I profile each monitor normally, making sure the profiling software opens up on the monitor that I want to profile. I give them separate names, e.g., monitor1 and monitor2. Then, I can use Xrite's free DisplayProfile.exe to load both profiles and make sure the correct profile is associated with the correct monitor. Again, make sure the DP.exe file is open on the monitor you want and then click the profile that pertains to that monitor. Move to the other monitor and do it again.

Seems to work fine for me with a single LUT.

Lou
          • 2. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
            Level 1
            Lou....

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if my ATI card has two LUTS or just the one. Some of the old RADEON series had twin LUTS but I can't say they carried that across to mine.

I've done precisely what you did with the profiling and I just need to ensure that each gets the right profile. I'll take a look at DisplayProfile.

Thxs
            Colin
            • 3. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
              Lou Dina Level 3
              Colin,

DisplayProfile isn't that easy to find on the Xrite site, but it is there. Search their site for DisplayProfile.exe and you should be able to find a download for PC's.

Not sure how any of this stuff works with Vista. I'm avoiding it like the plague until they work out all their color management issues.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Lou
              • 4. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
                Level 1
                Lou....

I found DisplayProfile on the Eye-One disk. It confirms that the correct profile has been loaded for each display. Quite a good utility if you want to see the effect of other profiles on your display.

Also found Calibration Tester on the disk as well.

Thxs
                Colin
                • 5. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
                  Lou Dina Level 3
                  Yes....with DisplayProfile you can change profiles on the fly and load calibration data into VLUT. And Calibration Tester shows the RGB curves of the given calibration. Pretty cool little toys.

Glad it has all worked out for you.

Lou
                  • 6. Re: Eye-one LOGO Calibration Loader question
                    Microsoft offers, via their website, a control panel applet that allows you to apply separate profiles to multiple monitors.

http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/colorcontrol.aspx

This may help you out a lot.