4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2008 7:06 AM by MarkWalsh

Bold issue in Acrobat 8

Hello everyone!

Wonder if anybody knows how to apply "bold", to the text via JavaScript or FormCalc in Acrobat 8.
      I'm trying to do logic on a small piece of text that is inside of a paragraph and at one point I need this smaller piece of text to be "bold", and at another point I need it to be
      "Regular ".
      Any help would be very much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Bold issue in Acrobat 8
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          You can't change the font with JavaScript or FormCalc.
          • 2. Re: Bold issue in Acrobat 8
            MarkWalsh Level 4
            >You can't change the font with JavaScript or FormCalc.

Darn. I was hoping that this wasn't the case. I need to create a popup list of alternate text for a user to choose from (something like "[account name]...blahblah...Product®...blah...) which will substitute text from an entered field (account name) but also needs to have a superscripted '®' (after the Product).

I'm new to LiveCycle, and I'm not at all familiar with it's capabilities or limitations, so I tried a few things that I thought might work (including replacing the Product Name in the text field with a rich text field which had the product and superscript ®), but hadn't come across anything that would work. I even looked at the XML code for Rich Text that I had pasted into the form to see how it was represented.

Is there no access at all to Rich Text in a field, or no way to concatenate multiple fields that contain Rich Text? And is it impossible to directly edit the XML through scripting?
            • 3. Re: Bold issue in Acrobat 8
              Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              For a form field you can change the font.
              • 4. Re: Bold issue in Acrobat 8
                MarkWalsh Level 4
                >For a form field you can change the font.

:(

Thanks.