1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 11:27 AM by George_Johnson

How to send an e-mail message with Javascript

Hi everybody, I'm using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.
      With the Formulary toolbar I created a Button, and in the actions tab I want to excecute a javascript to send an e-mail message (openning the currect e-mail application, example Outlook) with a specific sender email address, subject, and body.

Could you please help me?

By the way.. is there any other way to have this "link" or "javascript" without using the button from the formulary toolbar?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to send an e-mail message with Javascript
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          There are a number of JavaScript methods you can use to send an e-mail with JavaScript, including the app.mailMsg, doc.mailDoc, doc.mailForm, and doc.submitForm methods. These are all documented in the Acrobat JavaScript reference. Which you choose depends on your needs and whether it has to work with Reader.

You don't have to use a button, but you do need to use something to trigger the action. Other options include a Link annotation, a bookmark, a custom menu item, or a custom toolbar item. If your objection to using a button is that it appears on a printout, note that a button can be set up so that it doesn't print.

George