2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2008 10:16 AM by evil8

Linking Multiple Forms

evil8 Level 1
      Currently:
      Forms 1, 2, & 3 are for the same purpose, but each is company specific. So our CSRs have to fill in each form separatly and submit(email, mail or fax)to each specific comapany.

Project:
      To create a generic form for CSRs that has all fields on it and have those field values populate each specific company form and print out only those forms.

Questions:
      Can I do this with Acrobat Pro 9?
      Is there a tutorial on this to get me started?
      Would it be possible to control which forms are populated/printed using check boxes on the initial generic form?

Thanks
      Gene
        • 1. Re: Linking Multiple Forms
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          Yes, you can do that. I don't know of any tutorials, but there are a number of approaches you can take. And you can control which forms you want completed based on check boxes on the generic form.

You could set up the generic form to export the form contents to a data file (e.g., FDF), and then load the other documents and import the data file into each.

You can also simply load the other forms when the generic form is complete and copy the field contents from the fields of the generic form to the fields of the other forms.

All of this can be done via JavaScript in Acrobat. Check out the Acrobat JavaScript Reference for more information, for the app.openDoc method in particular.

George
          • 2. Re: Linking Multiple Forms
            evil8 Level 1
            Thanks George.