1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 9:54 AM by Patrick Leckey

Acrobat 4.0 & Windows XP

When Running 4.0 on Windows XP to create a PDF doc from Word file, the transforming, PDF maker/distilling, and printing routines seem to run successfully (as indicated by application itself)and finally a "process succeeded" notation appears - BUT the application then closes completely down automatically and no PDF file has actually been created. Had been running ME and just (finally) installed XP upgrade. Perhaps this is a driver related issue. In case, I need a direct or work around resolution ASAP that does not require new software purchase. Thanks. Howard
        • 1. Re: Acrobat 4.0 & Windows XP
          Patrick Leckey Level 3
          > I need a direct or work around resolution ASAP that does not require new software purchase.

Unfortunately Acrobat 4.x is not supported on Windows XP (Windows XP didn't exist when 4.0 was released). There is no workaround - you need to use a version of the software that was built to work with Windows XP.

If you are simply looking for converting documents to PDF, you can use Acrobat.com (http://www.acrobat.com) which gives your 5 free conversions per month.