1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 3:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

Webservice Access

Igor_Svibilsky
      Hi All,
      I recently started to explore the Flex technology and have some questions related to Webservice access. I have a webservice deployed on a local server. So I use localhost domain name to access it. I went through many examples of the Flex based webservice clients. It seems straighformard to me. However, I have an issue to call the service itself. When my application starts I can see a call to get a wsdl file. When I call serviceid.operationname.send() - nothing happens and it return a fault. My tcp/ip monitor shows no actual call to the service. I think this somehow related to flex security. I start my application from a Flex builder installed on the same box where the webservice is deployed (localhost). One more thing my wsdl has not exactly the same URL as the actual webservice but the domain name is the same - localhost. Is that so critical? Could anybody give me an advice? Why the webservice request is not happening? Thanks in advance, Igor.
        • 1. Re: Webservice Access
          Level 7
          Igor Svibilsky wrote:
          > Hi All,
          > I recently started to explore the Flex technology and have some questions
          > related to Webservice access. I have a webservice deployed on a local server.
          > So I use localhost domain name to access it. I went through many examples of
          > the Flex based webservice clients. It seems straighformard to me. However, I
          > have an issue to call the service itself. When my application starts I can see
          > a call to get a wsdl file. When I call serviceid.operationname.send() - nothing
          > happens and it return a fault. My tcp/ip monitor shows no actual call to the
          > service. I think this somehow related to flex security. I start my application
          > from a Flex builder installed on the same box where the webservice is deployed
          > (localhost). One more thing my wsdl has not exactly the same URL as the actual
          > webservice but the domain name is the same - localhost. Is that so critical?
          > Could anybody give me an advice? Why the webservice request is not happening?
          > Thanks in advance, Igor.
          >

--
          Dave Wolf
          Cynergy Systems, Inc.
          Macromedia Flex Alliance Partner
          http://www.cynergysystems.com

Email: dave.wolf@cynergysystems.com
          Office: 866-CYNERGY