0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 12:37 PM by (Jack_Berberette)

Drop down menus to create multiple variables.

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to scripting so I apologize ahead of time for my "newbieness".

I would like to have a dropdown box that, depending on the item chosen, can set several variables. Then I would like to use those variables for other calculations throughout the form.

BTW...this is for a character sheet I'm creating....I know...nerdy...but hey I OK with it :-)

For example:

The character sheet has 6 variables that are affect the rest of the sheet...."vSTR", "vINT", "vCHR", "vWIS", "vDEX", "vCON".

Let's say I have a drop down box with choices "Elf", "Dwarf" and "Human"...

...if "Elf" is chosen it will set the "vDEX" to 2 and the "vCON" to -1....the other variables would not be used....or set to 0.

...if "Dwarf" is chosen it will set the "vCON" to 2 and the "vCHR" to -2...the other variables would not be used....or set to 0.

...if "Human" is chosen all of the variables would not be used....or set to 0.

So:

1. I'm not sure how to create the drop down box.
      2. How do I accomplish the above example.
      3. I know how to do a simple calculation but how do you script a more complex calculation with parenthesis ....ex... A*((B+C)/(D-E))?

Thanks in advance for helping. Once I see it I can usually go from there...getting started is where I get stuck. I really admire coders :-)

Jack