2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 5:21 AM by gkaiseril

Making a text field all caps

I've manually added text fields to a document using Acrobat (not Designer). Now I simply want to make the text uppercase, regardless of what the user enters.

This is what I've tried (which fails to do anything):

- In the text field properties, "format" tab, choose "custom". Then put the following in "custom format script": this.rawValue = this.rawValue.toUpperCase();

- In the text field properties, Action, add a "mouse exit" event; run a javascript, and in the script box write: this.rawValue = this.rawValue.toUpperCase();

- In the text field properties, Validate, "run custom validation script" the following is entered: this.rawValue = this.rawValue.toUpperCase();

- In the text field properties, Calculate, "custom calculation script" the following is entered: this.rawValue = this.rawValue.toUpperCase();

So my javascript is not running, and I've tried placing it in 4 different places. I'm not sure how to get to an error log to see why my scripts are being ignored.

Any ideas how to get uppercase in acrobat? Using designer is not an option, because it butchers my form.