2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 3:28 PM by (Bob_Bliss)

Send PDF Form from web page

Hi all. I have a web site with a PDF fillable form. Currently, customers must print and snail mail it to us. Most of them use web based mail, so the old mailto: function (which relies on email client like Outlook) is way out of date.

I cannot find a solution in the forums. Can anyone tell me if I can wrap the form in php and use a php mailer to forward it to my sites mailbox? This would be similar to the standard Contact Us form submission.

It seems Adobe would give some guidance here as this has been asked several times in the forums. Could really use some pointers. Assistance much appreciated.

Bob
        • 1. Re: Send PDF Form from web page
          Patrick Leckey Level 3
          > It seems Adobe would give some guidance here as this has been asked several times in the forums.

They have.

You have the Doc.submitForm method (listed in the JS API Reference) that will allow you to submit form data to a webservice. There are 6 code examples of how to use this method included in the API Reference as well.

For XFA forms created in LiveCycle Designer, there is an "HTTP Submit" button as one of the default form objects provided to the user.

You also have the entire "SOAP" object available to you in Acrobat JavaScript (again, covered in the API Reference) if you need to make very advanced webservice calls.
          • 2. Re: Send PDF Form from web page
            Level 1
            PDL -

Thanks for your quick response, and your tips on these sources. I have searched the forums several times over the past few months and have not found these items. After a quick test using the LifeCycle Designer, I have not gotten it right, but with more time I'm confident that I can.

Thanks again,

Bob