3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2008 12:06 AM by (Alan_Derk_Chen)

Supress message during Batch sequence run

Hello, I have a Batch sequence that runs on a batch of files. Intermittently, it stops and displays messages like "Some difficult images where encountered...". Once I click on OK the processing continues. How can I suppress these messages? I could like my batch process to run without any human intervention. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Supress message during Batch sequence run
          Hello,

I tried to use

App = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")
          App.Hide()

to suppress the new version warning message(as I am using acobat 6 to open acrobat 8 file), and it works fine. But when I test on the corrupted pdf file, then it will hang forever, as AvDoc.Open will wait for user to press "ok" to pass the return code back to continue run the statement 2.

AvDoc = App.GetActiveDoc
          If AvDoc.Open(PDFPath, "") Then
          statement 1
          else
          statement 2
          end if

I am not sure if you problem "Some difficult images where encountered..." fall into the same catagory or not. I am still looking for a solution for the corrupted file...

MK
          • 2. Re: Supress message during Batch sequence run
            gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional
            And how does your code work within Acrobat Professional's "Batch Processing" module?
            • 3. Re: Supress message during Batch sequence run
              Level 1
              Hi,

Do you need to recover the pdf files? If so, I think you can try a utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works rather well for my corrupt PDF files. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/

Hope this will help.

Alan