4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2008 6:46 AM by gkaiseril

Initial View

How do I add Initial View to Full Screen & Voom Type to Fit Page as document level scripts? I want these as open events? I've managed to add my page transitions OK but want the saved doc to open as presentation. Im very green in JavaScript so be kind
        • 1. Re: Initial View
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          You can set the PDF's document's initial view through the document's properties within Acrobat. This solution resolves the problem with users that do want JavaScript running within Acrobat/Reader. The JavaScript option is to create a document level JavaScript, which by default is run when the PDF is opened.
          • 2. Re: Initial View
            Level 1
            Geo, Thanks can you give me an example of the syntax for the Javascript option. Like I say Im very green with JavaScript Im trying to put together a few functions that I can call from AppleScript that will build a JavaScript function as a text string then "do script". Applescript has limited options. I can set via the doc's properties manually but that is what I was trying to avoid. From what Im reading do I need to call a doc addScript but can't find an example of how this is done.
            • 3. Re: Initial View
              (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
              > I can set via the doc's properties manually but that is what I was trying to avoid.

but surely setting the document's JavaScript is going to be just as
              much work, but more typing?

Aandi Inston
              • 4. Re: Initial View
                gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                One can not modify the doc open options with a simple JavaScript command. It is possible to use the "batch process" to set the open parameters or add an "execMenuItem()". Using the "execMenuItem()" has the principal drawback that Adobe changes the menu item names and the names displayed on the menu bar are not the names used in JavaScript. So you may need to code this action to include testing the version number and passing a different name based on the version of Acrobat/Reader. You will also have to pass quoted strings, not impossible, but problematic for many users.

Ok, running the script to find the menu command for the bookmark display is:

ShowHideBookmarks

Which toggles the bookmarks pane. I do not see any way to see the state of the bookmark pane so one must know the initial state of the navigation pane before using this command.