I have created a form, and I want, by clicking a button :
      - Protect the document
      - Send it as a pdf document
      Thanck you for your help
      SB
        • 1. Re: Send a Form
          Patrick Leckey Level 3
          > Protect the document

What do you mean by "Protect the document"?

> Send it as a pdf document

Are you creating an AcroForm or an XFA Form (if you're using LiveCycle Designer, it is an XFA form)? The procedure for sending as a PDF document will differ based on the type of form you are creating.
          • 2. Re: Send a Form
            Level 1
            Protect the document : I want that nobody can modify the document sent.

Are you creating an AcroForm or an XFA Form (if you're using LiveCycle Designer, it is an XFA form)? The procedure for sending as a PDF document will differ based on the type of form you are creating.

I think it's an AcroForm but I'm not sure... The both solutions interest me

Thank you

SB
            • 3. Re: Send a Form
              Patrick Leckey Level 3
              > I think it's an AcroForm

Are you editing the form elements in LiveCycle Designer or in Acrobat itself (without it launching another application to handle the editing)?

As for protecting the document, you'll want to read the entire "security" section (constants, properties and methods) in the JavaScript for Acrobat API Reference. It describes how you can programatically set policies on a file and includes several basic examples.