10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2007 4:31 AM by Newsgroup_User

DW CS3 Trial won't install!

PilotDoofy
      When I try to install the Dreamweaver CS3 Trial software that I downloaded from the Adobe website, it will not install! I am running Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate. It says to check the permission or available space for the destination folder.

I know I have enough space. I have over 200gb free on my hard drive! Also, I've tried several destination locations, and still no go, so I don't think it's a permissions problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Photoshop trial does this as well.
        • 1. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
          Level 7
          You need to be sure to install it as an Administrator.

Also there have been some issues with installing and you'll find some
          possible solutions on Adobe's site.

But, just so you know, there are installation bugs that Adobe hasn't fixed
          yet. So I wouldn't spend a great deal of time on trying to get this version
          to install if you can't get it to go with minimal effort. You may need to
          wait for the next release.

"PilotDoofy" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f9clho$oqe$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > When I try to install the Dreamweaver CS3 Trial software that I downloaded
          > from
          > the Adobe website, it will not install! I am running Windows Vista 32bit
          > Ultimate. It says to check the permission or available space for the
          > destination folder.
          >
          > I know I have enough space. I have over 200gb free on my hard drive! Also,
          > I've tried several destination locations, and still no go, so I don't
          > think
          > it's a permissions problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
          >
          > Photoshop trial does this as well.
          >

• 2. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
            PilotDoofy Level 1
            How long would that take? No offense, but knowing adobe it could take years.
            • 3. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
              Night2Dark2
              I have the exact same problem but my install crashes. im using Windows XP
              • 4. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                PilotDoofy Level 1
                Does anyone have a solution to this problem yet?
                • 5. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                  PilotDoofy Level 1
                  So let me get this right. No one can help me get my software working on the most popular series of operating system in the world from one of the biggest software companies in the world?

This seems like a bunch of crap.
                  • 6. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                    TrentSC Level 1
                    quote:

Originally posted by: PilotDoofy
                    So let me get this right. No one can help me get my software working on the most popular series of operating system in the world from one of the biggest software companies in the world?

This seems like a bunch of crap.

Quite possibly. But there's little point complaining here: this group is not a formal Adobe support forum, rather it's a general discussion area for people who use Adobe products, so any responses you get are likely to be from people who are willing to give of their time to help you out because they are willing, not because they are paid to do so.

What is the exact error message you get when you try to install?

Did you try installing as an Administrator as suggested?

What did Adobe's tech support people say when you contacted them?
                    • 7. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                      Night2Dark2 Level 1
                      I tried everything. it installs fine on my laptop but not on my desktop. while I use my desktop to do my website that is still in devolpment Im trying to install CS3 because of that. I already know what im doing and this is probally going to help me but since I don't know what the problem is :S someone should help me nao?
                      • 8. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                        TrentSC Level 1
                        quote:

Originally posted by: Night2Dark2
                        I tried everything. it installs fine on my laptop but not on my desktop. while I use my desktop to do my website that is still in devolpment Im trying to install CS3 because of that. I already know what im doing and this is probally going to help me but since I don't know what the problem is :S someone should help me nao?

What did Adobe's technical support advise you to do when you called them?
                        • 9. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                          Tony_French
                          I have been working with Customer Support since 8/17 trying to install Dreamweaver CS3 on my Vista HP laptop.

As you can imagine, we have tried all sorts of things.
                          Redownload the file (4 times), run the Clean program level 4 twice, reboot, start in selective startup mode, disable user control, uninstall Norton, uninstall all adobe products, on and on and on.

Just as a sanity test, has anybody been able to install on Vista?

Btw, there is no difference between the install for the trial version and the purchased version. My problems began with the trial version, so I purchased a copy. The download was the exact same file.

• 10. Re: DW CS3 Trial won't install!
                            Level 7
                            Tony French wrote:
                            > Just as a sanity test, has anybody been able to install on Vista?

Yes. Although it's of little consolation to you, I had no problems
                            whatsoever.

However, I did have problems on Windows XP Pro SP2. The answer was to
                            uninstall Flash Player. After that, everything went smoothly.

--
                            David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                            Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                            Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                            http://foundationphp.com/