1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 25, 2008 9:23 PM by (chintan_desai)

Need initial pointers about InCopy scriping -

Level 1
      Hi,

I have a client who has stored thousands of InCopy documents with valid styles applied to segments of it.

Now my requirement is to create a template which has XML tag -> Style mapping.

Considering that template, I am suppose to open all the InCopy documents, apply that Tag -> Style mapping to it and then convert all of them to XML and persist the data in DB.

Is there a programmatic way as to apply XML tags to a document based on the styles used?

Please educate. I am a complete newbie to InCopy - so please bare with my questions,

Thank you, Appreciate your help.

Regards,
      Chintan
        • 1. Re: Need initial pointers about InCopy scriping -
          Level 1
          Hi Friends,

I visited the site thoroughly and got to learn something about Adobe InCopy scripting with Java Script.

I am able to do some simple stuff like - storing icml documents as xml based on the style names.

My further requirements are -

1. Write an event listener which would be triggered when document is saved and automatically it saves it as xml.
          2. Write a js - which would load files from a directory one by one and run the above script on each of them one by one. (Like open 1 file, save it & close it)

Please guide,

Thank you,

Regards,
          Chintan