3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 10:47 AM by (Olav_Kvern)

CS2 to CS4 Script Migration...

Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find reference to it...

Is there a conversion guide, cross-reference list, or utility that will help migrate InDesign CS2 VBScripts so that they can run under CS4?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: CS2 to CS4 Script Migration...
          Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          The easiest way is probably to put them into a new folder in the script panel called "Version 4.0 Scripts" (minus the quotes).
          • 2. Re: CS2 to CS4 Script Migration...
            Level 1
            Thanks, but that solution isn't documented and doesn't seem to work. If there is some such method, please provide more information.

Otherwise, I'm still looking for a way to migrate existing scripts that were written for CS2 so that they will run under CS4. There are changes to the scripting language that prevent these scripts from running.

Is there a conversion guide, cross-reference list, or utility that will help do this?

I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this upgrade issue.

Anyone?
            • 3. Re: CS2 to CS4 Script Migration...
              Level 1
              Hi Jeff,

re: "Thanks, but that solution isn't documented and doesn't seem to work."

You might take a look at the "Script Versioning" section in the Scripting Guide (though it mistakenly says that the folder name for CS2 scripts should be "Version 2.0 Scripts"--Larry's folder name is the correct one). The folder should be in the Scripts Panel folder inside the Scripts folder inside your InDesign folder.

When you say "doesn't seem to work," and "There are changes to the scripting language that prevent these scripts from running," what do you mean? There are a few changes in the scripting object model that can't be covered by the technique described above--it may be that you're running into some of these. Beyond that, without seeing the content of the scripts or error messages, we can't even guess.

There is no conversion guide, cross-reference list, or utility. There are the topics at the top of the forum that discuss changes from one version to another. Tell us what you're trying to do, and we'll help you get your scripts updated.

Thanks,

Ole