2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 9:08 PM by (tjtj)

Javascript qatest method

Hello,

I am trying to know the number of plugins loaded in Indesign Server. For this, I am writing a javascript which uses following command:

var count;
      count = app.qatest("CountPlugins");

When the script is run, it gives the error "app.qatest is not a function".

Please help me to figure out why this function is not reconizable in my script?

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Javascript qatest method
          Level 1
          Hi tjtj,

It's probably because you don't have the plug-in that provides the method installed on your copy of InDesign Server. I'm pretty sure that it's part of the debug install--it doesn't (or shouldn't) exist in the released desktop version.

Thanks,

Ole
          • 2. Re: Javascript qatest method
            Level 1
            Hi Olav Kvern,

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't get much out of it.
            Actually I made one plugin which is supposed to be run on both desktop Indesign and Indesign Server. I wrote a script through which I was trying to invoke server plugin when the script was run through Indesign server command prompt. But actually the script invoked desktop plugin and not server plugin.

In order to check the number of plugins that server has, I wrote the command in javascript.

var count;
            count = app.qatest("CountPlugins");

which was giving an error.

I would be very thankful if you can throw some light on this issue in more explainatory language.

Thanks,
            tjtj