5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 6:17 AM by (abd)

[CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences

I am writing a script that will set my preferences to my preferred settings.
      I have been able to define most of the preferences but there are a few I cannot figure out.

How do I:
      -specify snippets are to be placed in original location
      -specify which shortcut set is to be used
      -import printer presets from a saved set (.prst file)
      ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
        • 1. Re: [CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences
          sstanleyau Level 4
          On 20/3/09 1:59 AM, "abd" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> -specify snippets are to be placed in original location<br /><br />See the setting in document preferences.<br /><br />> -specify which shortcut set is to be used<br /><br />I think you're out of luck here.<br /><br />> -import printer presets from a saved set (.prst file)<br /><br />See the import command.<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Sessions <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>
          • 2. Re: [CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences
            Level 1
            I tried to reply earlier, and I didn't see it posted, so hopefully this wont' be a double-post.

I looked up "import" in the applescript dictionary before I wrote to the list. Based on that, I tried:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
            import format printer presets format from "/Data/BD Print Presets.prst"

end tell

And I got "Adobe InDesign CS3 got an error: cannot import presets from this file"

I feel like I must be getting close but don't know where to go from here.
            Thanks!
            • 3. Re: [CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences
              sstanleyau Level 4
              On 21/3/09 1:28 AM, "abd" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> import format printer presets format from "/Data/BD Print Presets.prst"<br /><br />You need to use colon-delimited paths, not POSIX paths.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Sessions <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>
              • 4. Re: [CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences
                Eric @ MCA Level 3
                The easiest way to get the colon-delimited version of the path, btw, is to write

posix file ""

and then drag your file into the Script Editor document and drop it between the double-quotes.
                • 5. Re: [CS3, AS] Setting assorted preferences
                  Level 1
                  Wonderful!
                  Thanks for your responses and tips.