2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 3:19 AM by (JanGeerling)

scripting Preflight options In Design (CS4)

I'm trying to make a script that will install predefined Preflight options in In Design. This is my script till now :

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4"
      try
      make new preflight profile with properties {name:"TEST"}
      end try
      tell preflight profile "TEST"
      set description to "Preflight !!"
      tell preflight rule instance "ADBE_MissingModifiedGraphics"
      set flag to return as error
      end tell
      end tell
      end tell

This gives the error : Adobe InDesign CS4 got an error: Preflight profile rule does not exist in the profile

Is there a way to avoid that? If i click on a preflight option in In Design it works fine after that. (But offcourse i want that automaticly done)

Jan Geerling
        • 1. Re: scripting Preflight options In Design (CS4)
          sstanleyau Level 4
          That script doesn't look right. My *guess* is that you need something like<br />this:<br /><br />tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4"<br />    delete preflight profile 2<br />    try<br />        make new preflight profile with properties {name:"TEST"}<br />    end try<br />    tell preflight profile "TEST"<br />        set description to "Preflight !!"<br />        set pri to make preflight rule instance with properties<br />{id:"ADBE_MissingModifiedGraphics"}<br />        set flag of pri to return as error<br />    end tell<br />end tell<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Sessions <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>
          • 2. Re: scripting Preflight options In Design (CS4)
            Level 1
            WOOT !

make preflight rule instance with properties {id:"ADBE_MissingModifiedGraphics"}

did the trick !!

Thanks man

Jan Geerling