2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 5:51 AM by Peter Kahrel

Export PDF with joboptions file , how?

hi

I create indesign script that export InDesgn document to pdf using

//open doc
      var myDocument = app.open(File(sourceFileName));
      myDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.pdfType, File(destinationFilePath+".pdf"), app.pdfExportPresets.item("[High Quality Print]"));

but my client what me to update the scripts to pick up(use) the joboptions files!?!

Can anybody help me with this ..

Thnkas
        • 1. Re: Export PDF with joboptions file , how?
          Tony Tuneson Level 1
          have you tried to manually create an PDFExportpresets conforming the joboptions-info, and refer to these presets based on the joboptions name?
          If you really want to use the joboptions files (maybe they differ all the time?), maybe it's easier to load them in Distiller and print to Distiller instead of using PDF export?
          If you do not want to do it manually, you probably need to parse through the joboptions-file and 'convert' it to PDFExportPreference settings. (That could be a useful standard plug-in).
          • 2. Re: Export PDF with joboptions file , how?
            Peter Kahrel Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            > but my client what me to update the scripts to pick up(use) the joboptions files!?!

Either ask your client to name the job options file (or PDF preset) they want to use, or let them pick a preset when they run the script. You can show the presets in a dropdown list from which they can pick a preset.

Peter