1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2008 10:10 AM by GagnonEric

Placing two XML Element into one text Frame

Hi friends,
      My problem is that I have to place two xml element into one frame one after other.
      I try to do this by inline Frame method. For this I used placeXML, placeIntoInlineFrame, placeIntoInlineCopy, placeIntoCopy but I couldn’t use these successfully. placeIntoInlineFrame works but I have to place first root into the frame.

Can anyone show the right way to place two xml element into one frame one after other.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Placing two XML Element into one text Frame
          GagnonEric Level 1
          You have part of the answer already.

You can only have one XML element assigned to a PAGE ITEM. But you can have multiple XML element INSIDE the page item.

So Instead of trying to work with a XML like this:
          Root
          NodeOne
          NodeTwo

On the page item, you could have a xml like
          Root
          NodeParent
          NodeOne
          NodeTwo

And assign NodeParent to the page item. You could use Root of the previous XML but it's less flexible if you have other data in you xml.

To get adequate formatting (ex. having NodeOne + paragraph + NodeTwo (ex. creating a list), you will have to handle the paragraph code in the xml data (inside the tag if i remember well and not after the last item! (there is formatting bug associated to this).

If you use that and map style.. there is alot of things that can be done! :)