0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 12:08 PM by (Martin_Moore)

Possible to make a script for duplicating index entries?

I would like to make things easier than they seem to be.

I have several references (1:st level topics) already that are correct with page numbers and all that.

Now, I would like to create a 1:st level topic, under which I put "duplicates" of these already indexed references and put them as 2:nd level topics, under the main, 1:st level, topic.

Example.

Let's say I have these references (1:st level topics) already, with correct page numbers and everything:

Audi 4-6, 8
      BMW 7, 21-24
      Citroen 11, 12
      Mercedes 80
      Volkswagen 31-36

Okay, these are perfectly indexed and all the pages are correct.

Now, I would like to have these references as both 1:st level topics, and also as second level topic references under the main topic "Cars", like this:

Cars 4-80
      Audi 4-6, 8
      BMW 7, 21-24
      Citroen 11, 12
      Mercedes 80
      Volkswagen 31-36

My question is. Is it possible to achieve this by a script, so I can copy (duplicate) all these references and put them under the topic "Cars" too (preserving the 1:st level topics too of course), without having to go to each of the pages and create new topics all over again for every single finished topic, that I intend to put under the main topic "Cars"?

Just to inform you, the above named 5 topics, are NOT only the topics I want to put under "Cars"... there are like a hundred :).

Is it possible to make a script like this? Or do I have to do all the work ALL OVER again?

Martin