7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2006 9:41 PM by headrush3100

International Purchase

chris.huston.t10 Level 3
      I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Flex 2 during the past several months. It is one of the best pieces of software I have ever worked with. However, after downloading the trial and attempting to purchase it, I received a message saying I could not purchase it because I do not live in the US, Canada or Mexico. I contacted Adobe Japan and they referred me to a 3rd party retailer who had no idea about the product. In the past, I have purchased all of Macromedia's products online and downloaded them from the US online store. I called Adobe US and they said that I can have a friend who lives in the US purchase, download and then send Flex to me, but this seems like a needlessly tedious process to go through and rather ironic for software that is made to improve user experiences.
        • 1. Re: International Purchase
          Mike J. Potter Level 1
          You should be able to purchase it online from the following link
          https://istore.adobe.com/b2c_adobe/b2c/init.do?shop=JP&language=JA&areaID=FLXB

Mike
          • 2. Re: International Purchase
            winzurf
            quote:

Originally posted by: Mike J. Potter
            You should be able to purchase it online from the following link
            https://istore.adobe.com/b2c_adobe/b2c/init.do?shop=JP&language=JA&areaID=FLXB

Mike

Mike

Like Masamune I wish to purchase Flex 2 and can find no channel to do so. Although I live in New Zealand I have no problem with downloading and paying by Credit Card as I have done before, but the Adobe site, and the shop seem to be determined to thwart me. I can't believe it's this hard to give Adobe money, and I find it difficult to conceive that the addition of a product to the online shop is so difficult? I would appreciate any pointers to purchasing this online from New Zealand

regards
            Bruce
            • 3. Re: International Purchase
              Mike J. Potter Level 1
              I can't seem to be able to buy Flex Builder from the NZ store, but the Japanese store works fine. I'll try to look into this next week for you.

Mike
              • 4. Re: International Purchase
                chris.huston.t10 Level 3
                Mike,

Thanks for the help. I was able to purchase Flex 2 from the Japanese store. I hope the telephone sales staff get this info so they don't tell other people that you cannot purchase online.
                • 5. Re: International Purchase
                  likn
                  Its still not appearing in the New Zealand store and I can't find a reseller here.

Is there some sort of regionalized staggered release for Flex 2 Builder?
                  • 6. Re: International Purchase
                    Mike J. Potter Level 1
                    Don't shoot the messenger, but here's the response:

List of stores that will not include Flex:

Australia (target date to have Flex products available in the Australia Store is August 2006)
                    Hong Kong
                    Singapore
                    New Zealand
                    Brazil
                    South Africa

I have no idea why that is. Try using the Contact a Sales Rep form at http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/contactus.html to purchase it.

Mike
                    • 7. Re: International Purchase
                      headrush3100
                      This is ridiculous. We have been using Flex since the alpha and have a number of commercial projects underway. The demo version is about to expire and we cannot purchase the product.

This will SERIOUSLY AFFECT OUR BUSINESS. I cannot believe that you cannot activate internet download purchases for all international customers.

We can't shoot the messenger, but we can express our frustration. Can you please raise this issue within Adobe as URGENT please, as it has serious commercial and financial implications for some of your loyal Flex developers.

Thanks.