3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 10:15 PM by Thomas B. Nielsen

Indesign Image Catalog Script

Hi,

I need to change the current Indesign (CS3)ImageCatalog script (.jsx) to look a all files and folders on a CD not just a single folder. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Indesign Image Catalog Script
          Thomas B. Nielsen Level 3
          The way it's supposed to be used is by changing the way you wiev files in Bridge. Disable folders, and you will see all files.

So in Bridge choose the CD*/Folder that contains the images/folders with images you wish to use, in the Filter Panel, click on the Folder symbol, this will show all files in all folders below the containing folder.

Selecting no files, and just running the Indesign Contact Sheet script will then use all the files.

*(Actually you should properbly copy the files to your desktop)

That should do the trick.
          • 2. Re: Indesign Image Catalog Script
            Level 1
            Thanks for replying Thomas. I would actually really like to avoid having to copy all files to my desktop as I have quite a few cds to do and it would be much faster to work from the cd's. I see what you are saying about the filtering but do I have to run the indesign script from within adobe bridge?
            • 3. Re: Indesign Image Catalog Script
              Thomas B. Nielsen Level 3
              >but do I have to run the indesign script from within adobe bridge?

That is the only way I know :-)
              In Bridge -> Tools -> Indesign -> Create Indesign Contact Sheet