2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 2:18 PM by Eric @ MCA

CS4/AS: Possible disappearing text bug?

Eric @ MCA Level 3
      [1] Make a new document.
      [2] Make a new text box, fill it with placeholder text.
      [3] Select all the placeholder text and then run this script from AS:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4"
      tell active document
      display dialog "Hello World"
      end tell
      end tell

[4] Use the Return key or the Enter key (NOT the mouse!) to attempt to dismiss the Hello World dialog and keep a close eye on your placeholder text.

Does the text disappear and get replaced with a Return or an Enter character?

Thanks to anyone who can help me verify this...
        • 1. Re: CS4/AS: Possible disappearing text bug?
          sstanleyau Level 4
          On 25/10/08 5:33 AM, "Eric @ MCA" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> Thanks to anyone who can help me verify this...<br /><br />Yes, there's a serious problem. You can also do things like hit command-Z to<br />undo, and even bring up ID dialogs, while the "modal" AS dialog is showing.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
          • 2. Re: CS4/AS: Possible disappearing text bug?
            Eric @ MCA Level 3
            Thanks, Shane! It's interesting--the scripts work well if you run them from within InDesign via the Scripts panel. It's only when you run them straight from AS that they break.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is somehow related to the obnoxious window bug that has been there forever. (Where you try to cmd-Tab back to Script Editor and the ID window stays frontmost until you cmd-Tab to ID again and then back to Script Editor a second time.)