3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2008 2:58 AM by Al Ferrari

"Offset Options" malfunction in ImageCatalog.jsx script (IDCS3)

Al Ferrari Level 1
      This script has worked very well for me when placing just one image centered per page (this is the script that comes with the program). I am using it to place single page pdfs in ID pages.

But I need to make use of it's "Offset Options" in the Image Catalog dialog, and I am finding that the vertical offset value affects the picture frame height, not it's position on the page, nor the position of the imported image within the frame. The horizontal offset has no effect that I can detect. I need to have it adjust the position of the imported pdf within the frame.

My document page size is 8.5 x 5.5, with 0.0 margins all around, and the images I import are letter size pdfs. I am not using the caption option.

IDCS3 5.03, OS 10.4.11 on a G4 PPC.

Does anyone know how I might fix this?

Thanks,

Al
        • 1. Re: "Offset Options" malfunction in ImageCatalog.jsx script (IDCS3)
          Al Ferrari Level 1
          I have taken a different approach for automatically positioning the pdfs in my current project, but the problem in the ImageCatalog.jsx script remains.

Al
          • 2. Re: "Offset Options" malfunction in ImageCatalog.jsx script (IDCS3)
            Level 1
            Hi Al,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The offset fields set the distance of the frames from each other--they're the vertical and horizontal gutters in the grid. Maybe I should rename the options, but they seem to work the way I expect them to.

Thanks,

Ole
            • 3. Re: "Offset Options" malfunction in ImageCatalog.jsx script (IDCS3)
              Al Ferrari Level 1
              >Maybe I should rename the options, but they seem to work the way I expect them to.

Hi Olav,

That would certainly help other users. But more to the point, there should be a minimal Read Me file explaining the basic ideas and assumptions of the script.

What I still need is a script that would place one (or more) image(s) per page, and that would give me control of the placement of the frame (yours does that by using the margins and your gutter offsets), as well as the relative offsets for the image within the frame (so as to do cropping*).

Yours is a good script and may work as intended. But as with most scripts, you probably wrote it for a specific image cataloging project, and later it was included for distribution with the product. If so, please state some thing to that effect in the future Read Me file.

Thanks,

Al

* My need isn't to catalog images, but to use them, all cropped equally. So I don't need to show the full contents of the image.