9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 11:48 PM by Jeeva_deva@yahoo.com

INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.

Hello Experts,

Is there any script available for creating PS from Multiple Indesign files. I am currently using Indesign CS3 in Mac. I have to create PS file from more than thousand of Indd files. Please help me...

Thanks in advance,
      Bharathi Raja G.
        • 1. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
          Adobe-InDesign CS4 Level 1
          Dear Bharathi Raja,

Please can you search this forums for the Batch Process scripts are available.

You can use that script and within hour you can create InDesign to PS files.

All the Best

Thanks & Regards
          T.R.Harihara SudhaN
          • 2. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
            Level 1
            Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply, But I unable to find any specific topic regarding PostScript Batch processing. Can you give the topic name or any useful links regarding batch process.

Thanks in Advance,
            Bharathi Raja G.
            • 3. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
              Adobe-InDesign CS4 Level 1
              Dear Bharathi Raja<br /><br /> Here I have pasted the Batch Processing PS Generation Scripts:...<br /><br />//---------------------- Start the Batch Process Script ----------------------//<br /> //InDesign CS2 &  CS3<br /><br /> //Batch Processing PS Generation<br /><br />var myFol = Folder.selectDialog ("Please Select the Data in Input InDesign Files");<br />var myFil = File(myFol).getFiles("*.indd");<br />var myOut = Folder.selectDialog("Please select the Out Put PS Folder");<br />var params = new Array();<br />params = getData(PDF);<br />app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.neverInteract;<br />Opens();<br />alert("PS Generated", "Project...");     <br /><br />function getData(PDF)<br />{<br />     var pdfPresets = app.printerPresets.everyItem().name;<br />     var dlg = app.dialogs.add( { name : 'File converter' } ); <br />          with(dlg) <br />           { <br />             with( dialogColumns.add() ) <br />                { <br />                    with( borderPanels.add( ) ) <br />                      { <br />                              staticTexts.add( { staticLabel : 'Printer presets:', minWidth : 93 } ); <br />                              dropDown = dropdowns.add( { stringList : pdfPresets, selectedIndex : 0 }); <br />                         }<br />                  } <br />           }<br />     if( dlg.show() == false )<br />     { <br />          dlg.destroy();<br />          exit(0);<br />     }<br />          return dropDown.selectedIndex;<br />}<br /><br />          <br />function Opens()<br /> {<br />     for(var i=0; i<myFil.length; i++)<br />     {<br />               var myDoc =app.open(myFil[i], true);<br />                var Final = new Array();<br />                var myFilePath = myDoc.filePath;<br />               var PDFs = new Folder(myOut);<br />               printUsing (params, PDFs, '.ps'); <br />               myDoc.close(SaveOptions.NO);<br />    }               <br />}<br />               <br />               function printUsing(presetName, folderPath, fileExt)<br />               { <br />                 var targFolder = new Folder(folderPath); <br />                      try{ <br />                            app.printerPresets.item(presetName).printFile = new File(targFolder.fsName + "/" + app.activeDocument.name.split(".indd")[0] + fileExt); <br />                       app.activeDocument.print(false, app.printerPresets.item(presetName)); <br />                      }catch(e){ <br />                       alert('Error in printUsing: ' + e) <br />                      } <br />             }<br /><br />//---------------------- End of The Script ----------------------//<br /><br />Thanks & Regards<br />T.R.Harihara SudhaN
              • 4. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                dhishok Level 1
                Hi Hari,

Your script looks so good. It will run nicely without hesitation. I need syntax to find InDesign documents which are having missing fonts. Bcoz the script is in the NeverInteract mode. Like if InDesign files having missing fonts means the script will just skip that file and continue the process.

Thanks in advance have a nice day

Thiyagu
                • 5. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                  dhishok Level 1
                  Hi Hari,

Your script looks so good. It will run nicely without hesitation. The script is in the NeverInteract mode. I need syntax, if InDesign files having missing fonts & missing links means the script will just skip that file alone and continue the process with further files.

Thanks in advance have a nice day

Thiyagu
                  • 6. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                    [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant
                    Just change

>app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.neverInteract;

to

>app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.interactWithAll;

or -- even easier -- delete the entire line.

Note that the script as posted
                    b switched OFF
                    user interaction, without switching it back on. You might have to run any script containing my 2nd line to switch it on, before you will see the changes.
                    • 7. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                      dhishok Level 1
                      Hi Jongware,

Thanks for your suggestions. But my concern is to create log file, whether the file has missing fonts or missing links.

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.neverInteract;

If i do this, the script has omit all the things(missing fonts and links) and creating the PS files. These are printer files, so i have to arrest this type of errors.

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.InteractWithAll;

If i do this, the script has stopped due to modern dialog appeared in front of the script.

Its around 120 documents, if there is no error in the document means the script have to continue its process, otherwise create log file for that particular error file and then go further.

Thanks in advance. Please revert if it is not clear.

Thanks
                      Thiyagu
                      • 8. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                        Level 1
                        But there is no way to transfer the contents of those dialog boxes to a log file. Rather, you're going to need to neverInteract and then use your script to work out which fonts are missing (contained in the document's fonts list but not in the application's) and the status of the links to make your log.

As Jongware says, remember to switch interaction back on. I always do that as soon as possible:
                        app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.neverInteract;

app.open(myDocFile);
                        app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.InteractWithAll;
                        Dave
                        • 9. Re: INDD CS3 - MAC- Script for Creating Batch Process PS from multiple Indesign Files.
                          Jeeva_deva@yahoo.com

Hi Bharathi

I tried the PS generation script,

while running the script it is fully completed , but no ps file converted,

can you help me on this.

(Bharathi_Raja) wrote:

Hello Experts,

Is there any script available for creating PS from Multiple Indesign files. I am currently using Indesign CS3 in Mac. I have to create PS file from more than thousand of Indd files. Please help me...

Thanks in advance,
                          Bharathi Raja G.

(Bharathi_Raja) wrote:

Hello Experts,

Thanks in advance,
                          Bharathi Raja G.