2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 5:54 AM by (Marvin_The_Robot)

[CS2][VB]  Run-Time Error 430: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interf

Hello.

I've already done a search on Error 430 but without success.
      I would really appreciate it if someone pointed me in the right direction.
      In fact I would really appreciate any suggestions how to solve this.

the situation:
      I'm a member of a none profit student organisation in Germany and we are still using CS2 (as most of our members do not need the new features).

I've got a really annoying problem. I've been writing VB scripts for InDesign for quite some time now (most of them are called from MS Excel), but for some reason they do run on some clients and don't on other clients.

When calling
      Set myIndesign = New Indesign.Application

the Error: "Run-Time Error 430: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface" occurs.

As some of my scripts are really saving a lot of work it's quite annoying to not know what causes this kind of behaviour.

I've been trying to find patterns in the windows registry but so far did not succeed.

interesting behaviour:
      On one client we are running CS2 (concurrent version) and also a single license of CS3 (the CS4 Update just arrived :) ).

When it was only running CS2 my scripts did not run, after also installing CS3 and changing the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\InDesign.Application\CLSID
      to the value of ...\InDesign.Application.CS2\CLSID (so that the script would us InDesign CS2 and Not CS3)it did suddenly work.