4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2008 5:18 PM by (F_Lord)

CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page

I need to draw lines (.5 pt wide, color: registration) along the edges of an InDesign page, extending about an inch beyond the edge of the page. This script will be applied to various page sizes. Can anyone help?
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page
          Level 1
          You want one line or a frame around the page? Is this a single-sided document? Or do we have to worry about the facing page?

What language were you thinking of scripting this in?

Dave
          • 2. Re: CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page
            Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. I need four separate lines around the page at the edge of the page, each extending about an inch past the edge. (On an  8.5x11 page, the horizontal  lines would be 10.5 inches long and the vertical lines would be 13 inches long.) Single sided page. AppleScript.

On Nov 30, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Dave Saunders wrote:

A new message was posted by Dave Saunders in

InDesign Scripting --
              CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page

You want one line or a frame around the page? Is this a single-sided document? Or do we have to worry about the facing page?

What language were you thinking of scripting this in?

Dave

View/reply at CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page
            Replies by email are OK.
            Use the unsubscribe form to cancel your email subscription.

• 3. Re: CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page
              sstanleyau Level 4
              Assuming your rulers are set to inches:<br /><br />tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"<br />    tell document 1<br />        set {y1, x1, y2, x2} to bounds of page 1<br />        tell page 1<br />            set oneLine to make graphic line with properties {stroke<br />color:"Registration", width:0.5}<br />            set entire path of path 1 of oneLine to {{x1 - 1, y1}, {x2 + 1,<br />y1}}<br />            set oneLine to make graphic line with properties {stroke<br />color:"Registration", width:0.5}<br />            set entire path of path 1 of oneLine to {{x1 - 1, y2}, {x2 + 1,<br />y2}}<br />            set oneLine to make graphic line with properties {stroke<br />color:"Registration", width:0.5}<br />            set entire path of path 1 of oneLine to {{x1, y1 - 1}, {x1, y2 +<br />1}}<br />            set oneLine to make graphic line with properties {stroke<br />color:"Registration", width:0.5}<br />            set entire path of path 1 of oneLine to {{x2, y1 - 1}, {x2, y2 +<br />1}}<br />        end tell<br />    end tell<br />end tell<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>
              • 4. Re: CS3, OS 10.5.5: How do I draw a line across a page
                Level 1
                Your script is working perfectly. Thank you!
                F Lord