2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2006 8:16 AM by ensamblador

I need help building a MMOCC or  MMOG...

DJ_Joey_D

Ok,

Anyone Know How To Build A Virtual Chat Comunity Like Habbo Hotel???

I have Macromedia Director MX 2004 v 10

BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

Yes, a MMOCC or a MMOG

I am Trying to get a team together to get a chat site up and running... Heres some stuff i want included:

1. The charecters will be called "chillians"

2. There will be Furni that you get buy earning chill bills that you earn by playing games.

3. I want to be the Admin, I want to be able to give MOD powers away that include... Baning And Kicking And stuff like that...

4. I want each chillian to get a empty building when they start that they can use to build ANYTHING from a house to a restraunt in it...

5. I want to be able to TRADE furni.

And i probubly have more...

Someone please tell me what kind of server i will need........

To apply please E-MAIL ME AT:

smileyoureahabbo@yahoo.com
      Or
      jad9321@hotmail.com
      Thanks,

Joe

P.S. No Noobs Please...

• 1. Re: I need help building a MMOCC or  MMOG...
          Level 7
          > Anyone Know How To Build A Virtual Chat Comunity Like Habbo Hotel???
          > I have Macromedia Director MX 2004 v 10
          > BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!
          > ......
          >
          > P.S. No Noobs Please...

Hi Joe,

I thought I'd answer since you haven't had any replies. Not sure if you got any
          email about it. Before I start, some advice - don't end your post with 'No noobs'.
          Appreciate the help offered even if the person offering it isn't the expert in the
          field. Generally people who have some experience in the question you ask, will be
          the ones that answer it. I am no expert in chat games but have some general advice
          for you in tackling this. First, you say you don't know how to use Director but
          want to build a complex application. I'd suggest you start by learning the basics
          of Director. Don't jump into the deep end before you've learned to swim.

Another thing, this forum is, as the names suggests, for basic type questions.
          Yours may be more suited to the multiuser forum which is what you'll need to know
          about for a chat type application.

So, haven't answered your question. But, you're asking a very broad one and
          suggest you don't even have the preliminary knowledge that is necessary.

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

• 2. Re: I need help building a MMOCC or  MMOG...
            ensamblador Level 1
            I know HH. It is simple, when you know what to do :)

Something you need to know is that you will never get answers so easy. I mean if you want to know how to make a 3d game like Quake, you can't go here and say:

"Anyone Know How To Build A Game Like Quake??? "

Somebody can point you ideas, examples, etc. But when you write:

"BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!"

i realize that you really are asking for a complete source code and medias compressed with comments and a doc file explaining each line of code. A tipical "make your own game with one click (Publish)"-Example.

But.... If you really wan to learn how to do it, not just do it. you must focus in:

Lingo languge reference.
            XML(inform xchange)
            PHP (Server side prog)
            MySQL.(DB)

Any less would be noob.