2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 7:22 AM by Loic.Aigon

FindChangeByList and other GREP misunderstandings

Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional
      Hi,<br />I tried to help someone on a french forum as he was trying to use FindChangeByList.jsx<br />I first told him to simply add lines in the txt file like it was indicated as<br />grep<tab>...<br />But he didn't get the result he wanted, then I tried myself and get lost.<br /><br />Because, I wasn't getting any result too.<br /><br />The most bizzare is that sometimes modifications are made but other times neither the UI, nor the script find text where they should.<br />for example :<br />let's say "a" character is not found when there is plenty of it in the text.<br />app.findGrepPreferences.findWhat ="a"; > retuns none;<br />The UI find/change dialog warns for no occurences in the document.<br /><br />I saw Olav advising to download the latest version of the script. I have downloaded a bunch of script "indesign_scripting_guide_scripts".<br />Inside I found findgrep.jsx or findtxt.jsx or even changetext.jsx. But no findchangebylist.jsx.<br /><br />What am I doing wrong ?<br /><br />Regards,<br />Loic