1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 5:17 AM by Newsgroup_User

publishing podcasts using dreamweaver

whatisgood Level 1
      Hello
      I now have a site up and running and would like to publish a podcast for that site. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is familiar with the topic and could point me in the right direction. I am currently publishing my podcasts using a podserver (podbean) but would like to publish them straight from the website so the feed is from my site and not from podbean.

basically i need to create an rss feed for each podcast. there are some programs called feed burner or things like this but im sure there is a way to do it from Dreamweaver...i just can't find it...thanks

• 1. Re: publishing podcasts using dreamweaver
          Level 7
          whatisgood wrote:
          > Hello
          > I now have a site up and running and would like to publish a podcast for that
          > site. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is familiar with the
          > topic and could point me in the right direction. I am currently publishing my
          > podcasts using a podserver (podbean) but would like to publish them straight
          > from the website so the feed is from my site and not from podbean.
          >
          > basically i need to create an rss feed for each podcast. there are some
          > programs called feed burner or things like this but im sure there is a way to
          > do it from Dreamweaver...i just can't find it...thanks

Dreamweaver creates HTML and CSS and other server side language type
          pages, but it doesn't create XML for you. If you had crafted your XML
          file (your RSS feed) and uploaded it along with your MP3 or whatever the
          audio files are, to your website, then job done, but your better off
          using the software setup to do it for you, it will save you time, and
          time is money, so best leave it to a dedicated program.

Dooza
          --
          Posting Guidelines
          http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
          How To Ask Smart Questions
          http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html