0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 3:26 AM by hm_arul

Manage multiple versions(ID CS,CS2,CS3,CS4) of INDD files Indesign proxy for PC

hm_arul Level 1
      Dear scripters,

I have multiple version of ID installed in my system. I have ID CS,CS2,CS3 and CS4. While I am opening (double click) the ID CS file, automatically the file opening in CS4. For solving this problem I have searched in the forums I found there is a program called INDESIGN PROXY for MAC OSX. It manages the problems well.

Now I am in the process of developing the application same like that for windows using VB. Here is my observation about Indesign proxy.

1. While user double clicks the Indesign file the argument is not passing to the Indesign.exe, but the argument passes to the Indesign proxy. Something like this

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS4\InDesign.exe" "%1"
      to this
      "C:\Program Files\IDproxy\proxy.exe" "%1"

2. The proxy exe lists all the version of IDs in a dialog box. If user selects CS2, the proxy exe passes the command argument something like this

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS2\InDesign.exe" "%1"

3. Now the file will open in correct version.

I am comfort with VB forums and coding but I am struck getting the file path while user double click's the file. I short need to get the file path of "%1" argument.

I think I am detailed.

Kindly advice me how can I proceed more?

Thanks

regards
      a r u l
      vpublish.net