4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 5:23 AM by Dave Saunders

How to access the third party plugin

(subha_oviya) Level 1
      i am new to javascript and InDesign.now my work is to access the Third Party plugin styles, the third Pary plugin is all about InMath.

is it possible to access third party plugin through java prgramming.

plz help me.....

by
      subha
        • 1. Re: How to access the third party plugin
          Peter Kahrel Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          You should ask the plugin's manufacturer.

Peter
          • 2. Re: How to access the third party plugin
            AndreaMcCanneyYost
            Hello, I'm not a very accomplished JavaScripter, but have found that you can access some InMath at least in CS3. I only needed to be able to refresh the InMath styles from a script.

If you run this script...

app.menuActions.everyItem().name;

it will return the names of all the available menu actions. The list is quite long, but it includes some of the InMath actions. At least the ones you can assign keyboard shortcuts to. In my case, I needed to refresh the InMath styles from a script. So I found the name of the InMath menu action that was returned from the above script (Refresh All InMath Expressions) and was able to make a script that refreshed the styles like this.

app.menuActions.itemByName("Refresh All InMath Expressions").invoke();

However, I'm trying to figure out how to do this in CS2 because my client is still using CS2 and can't find the CS2 version of menuActions.

I think I read your other post about the find/change fillColor bug. I was stuck in the same place and now have it working thanks to the posted help. I was working on a script that would fix fractions based on their colors.

Hope this helps.
            Andrea
            • 3. Re: How to access the third party plugin
              Level 1

Hi,

If anyone knows the way to access Inmath styles in Indesign using VC++ Please tell me.

Thanks

Saravanan

• 4. Re: How to access the third party plugin
                Dave Saunders Level 4

You need to contact the InMath people. The last time I had anything to do with InMath they were working on scriptability, but I didn't ever hear that they had accomplished it.

Dave