1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 2:41 PM by Eric @ MCA

InDesign CS4 [Mac] Unembed the embedded in-line pictures SCRIPT / Actions SCRIPT

dtpartner_Suzz Level 1
      The writers of scientific material send me their LaTeX/Scientific WorkPlace (SWP) documents to layout their book.

For your information: In Scientific WorkPlace [only for PC], you can typeset complex technical documents with LaTeX, "the industry standard for mathematics typesetting". Publishers and writers of scientific material use LaTeX extensively. When you typeset, LaTeX automatically generates footnotes, indexes, bibliographies, tables of contents, and cross-references.

InDesign can not place/import these LaTeX/SWP documents. When they export it to Word the Mathematical formulas will turn into many (more than 100) in-line .eps RGB pictures. These pictures need to be updated in illustrator and placed back in InDesign.

Try to solve it with a script. That will Unembed all (more than 100) in-line pictures (Formulas).

***If someone knows a script that will Unembed the embedded in-line pictures, please let me know...!***

Already made an Action set in Illustrator for changing the Object Fill Color and Stroke to 100K (instead off FC black), Overprint Fill, Overprint Stroke, Find and Replace Font. Followed by a Link Update in InDesign.

In this case it would also be nice to have Actions in InDesign (one off my wishes on the InDesign Wish List).

*** If there is an Actions script for InDesign, i am interested as well.***
        • 1. Re: InDesign CS4 [Mac] Unembed the embedded in-line pictures SCRIPT / Actions SCRIPT
          Eric @ MCA Level 3
          Well here is a basic script that cuts all the inline graphics and pastes them into the document... I have no clue how you would get them *back* into the text, mind you! o_O
          tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"

tell active document
            set myStories to every story
            repeat with thisStory in myStories
             set storyGraphics to all graphics of thisStory
             if length of storyGraphics > 0 then
              repeat with thisGraphic in storyGraphics
               select parent of thisGraphic
               tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
                cut
               end tell
               select nothing