1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 2:27 PM by sstanleyau

[AS] CS3- Find any text with style, then replace that text with a new applied fill color.

I am trying to find the simplest way in cs3 to find any text with style, then replace that text with a new fill color. I can find text and change text. I can find a style and change it to a new style. I can't seem to find a style and change the applied fill color. I do not want to change the properties of the style, just the applied color. Yes, I want the + sign, for now. I know, why not update the style, I am not allowed to. Any help would be great. Since the search is not available, I need a new response.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: [AS] CS3- Find any text with style, then replace that text with a new applied fill color.
          sstanleyau Level 4
          You can work around the bug by just doing a find, then looping through the<br />results, changing the color one at a time. It'll be a fraction slower, but<br />should do the trick:<br /><br />tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"<br />    set find text preferences to nothing<br />    set properties of find text preferences to {applied paragraph style:"The<br />name"}<br />    set theFinds to find text document 1<br />    repeat with i from 1 to count of theFinds<br />        set properties of item i of theFinds to {fill color:"Replace color"}<br />    end repeat<br />end tell<br /><br />The bug is fixed in CS4, BTW.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>