3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2008 9:08 AM by (Archie_Tucker)

Group Items and Change Scale Using CS3 VBScript

Level 1
      How do you select items in a textframe (text and/or graphic and/or rectangle), then group them and then set the group to a horizontal & vertical scale value?
      Thanks,
      Archie
        • 1. Re: Group Items and Change Scale Using CS3 VBScript
          Level 1
          you can't group TextFrame and Anchored/InLine Graphics in this TextFrame
          you need to scale (in CS3 .Transform) each element separately - TextFrame-container and each Anchored/InLine Graphics

robin

--
          www.adobescripts.com
          • 2. Re: Group Items and Change Scale Using CS3 VBScript
            Level 1
            What would be the best way to do that? As an example I would have 8 textframes threaded together (each frame is a stamp, this script is for reducing the image to print the label that goes on the top of the stamp). Some frames could only be text, some only a graphic, some both, some blank. Below is an example of what have so far. This works if the frame is only text.
            Thanks,
            Archie

Rem SCALE ITEMS FUNCTION
            Rem --------------------
            Function myScaleItems (myLabelDocument)

For I = 4 to 11
            myLabelDocument.textframes.item(I).locked = False
            myLabelDocument.textframes.item(I).HorizontalScale = cInt(myLabelPercent)
            myLabelDocument.textframes.item(I).VerticalScale = cInt(myLabelPercent)
            Next

End Function
            • 3. Re: Group Items and Change Scale Using CS3 VBScript
              Level 1
              If select the multiple items within an area, group them, and change the x & y scale without using a script I get the results I need. Why do I need to scale each item separately?

What is the format of the VBscript command to select multiple object within a area?

What is the format of the VBscript command to group those items once they have been selected?

Thanks,
              Archie