3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2008 2:08 AM by sstanleyau

Drop Caps CS3

I need to work with Drop caps via scripting in InDesign CS3.

Several things are unclear to me:

UI of InDesign has 2 options for Drop Caps - "Align Left Edge" and "Scale for Descenders" (check boxes in Drop Caps dialog). But I can't see properties in scripting object model corresponding to these. Can I get/set these options via scripting?

One more. In Scripting object model there is property dropcapDetail (objects Paragraph, TextStyleRange, Text etc) The description in reference is
      "Data Type: number
      The detailed size and positioning of the drop cap."
      Which doesn't seem informative for me. How does this property work?

Anyone?
      • 0. Re: Drop Caps CS3
        sstanleyau Level 4
        With "Align Left Edge" and "Scale for Descenders" both off, dropcapDetail<br />is 0; with both on it's 3; with "Align Left Edge" alone, it's 1; and with<br />"Scale for Descenders" alone it's 2.<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
        • 2. Re: Drop Caps CS3
          Level 1
          Shane,

thanks a lot!

I suspected that there is relationship of dropcapDetail with these 2 options. It's a pity that scripting reference doesn't document thing like this.
          • 3. Re: Drop Caps CS3
            sstanleyau Level 4
            On 7/4/08 8:42 PM, "Alexey Zuev" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> It's a pity that scripting reference  doesn't document thing like this.<br /><br />It's more a pity that it works like this; looks like something added at the<br />last minute to me.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>