This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I'm afraid not.
Thanks Dave, kind of. :o)
How about the screen refreshing, is there anyway to surpress that until the script is complete?
You can do the auto flow by js.
1. select a textFrame as prevFrame
2. select a file.
3. place the text file (set the encoding, etc.)
4. if the textFrame's parentStory overflow.
5. then add a new page and create a new textframe, set this new textFrame's previous textFrame as the prevFrame,
6. repeat 4, 5 until the prevFrame or parentStory is not overflow
This process will quicker than manual esp in large text file.
Because you can use commond and this will not create any undo stack.
This is essentially what I have working, it just goes MUCH slower than when you autoflow manually by holding the shift key when assigning the text to a frame.
I was hoping for a command that would autoflow the file in the same way as holding the shift key, with InDesign creating the pages.