4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2008 12:22 PM by (Jonathan_Hodges)

[AS, CS3] Delete pages by range?

Hi:

I can kill pages in my Applescript individually:

delete page 1 of document 1

Can I set a page range to kill, such as delete pages 3-8 without having to do them one at a time?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: [AS, CS3] Delete pages by range?
          sstanleyau Level 4
          Try:<br /><br /> delete pages 3 thru 8<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
          • 2. Re: [AS, CS3] Delete pages by range?
            Level 1
            Shane:

Thanks. Thought I had tried that syntax, but I guess I didn't.

Can I bug you on a follow up?

The deleting pages part of my script is going fine. Now I also want to be able to delete pages as spreads.

I have a document set up as reader spreads (cover by itself, then two-page spreads with the back cover by itself at the end). I want the script to kill spreads so I can save out the spreads in individual documents.

What's happening is page 1 comes across clean (as it's own spread), but everything else winds up as two-page documents no longer side-by-side.

When I do this manually, I have to unselect page shuffle and spread shuffle, so in the script I put in:

tell document preferences
            set allow page shuffle to false
            set preserve layout when shuffling to false
            end tell

but that doesn't seem to do the trick. If you have a three-page document with pages 2-3 as a spread, is there any way to kill page 1 and still leave 2-3 in spread formation?

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: [AS, CS3] Delete pages by range?
              sstanleyau Level 4
              On 15/4/08 1:24 AM, "Jonathan Hodges" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> If you have a three-page document with pages 2-3 as a spread, is there any way<br />> to kill page 1 and still leave 2-3 in spread formation?<br /><br />You also need to set "allow page shuffle" of the second spread to false --<br />it's a property of both document preferences and spreads.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
              • 4. Re: [AS, CS3] Delete pages by range?
                Level 1
                Shane:

That worked like a charm.

Many thanks.

--jon