3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 7:11 PM by (StePhan_McKillen)

New Document  page size issues

Level 1
      I have InDesign CS which is about 2 years old. Until about 6 months ago, I wasn't having any problems with creating a new document in mm or cm, but for some reason it now creates documents in p0 and I have NO IDEA what this means. How can I convert the page sizes back to metric form??
      Thanks so much.
        • 1. Re: New Document  page size issues
          Peter Kahrel Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Somehow your preferences were changed. To reset them to mm, close all documents and set the preferences to mm. Then quit InDesign to save the preferences. From now on, all new documents will be in mm.

Peter
          • 2. Re: New Document  page size issues
            Level 1
            in code you can change the measurement type on the fly

my works in picas it hard to think like so i change them to mm do what i need and convert back to there english when done what i needed

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.HorizontalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idMillimeters 'was Picas

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.VerticalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idMillimeters ' idMillimeters 'was picas

'

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.HorizontalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idPicas

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.VerticalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idCentimeters
            • 3. Re: New Document  page size issues
              Level 1
              in code you can change the measurement type on the fly

my works in picas it hard to think like so i change them to mm do what i need and convert back to there english when done what i needed

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.HorizontalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idMillimeters 'was Picas

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.VerticalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idMillimeters ' idMillimeters 'was picas

'

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.HorizontalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idPicas

MyDocument.ViewPreferences.VerticalMeasurementUnits = InDesign.idMeasurementUnits.idCentimeters