7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2008 7:23 PM by (Olav_Kvern)

Action Repeat

Hi there

Is it possible to do something which repeats the last action, whatever it is, paste, apply style, resize, tab stop, transform...I want something like MSoffice which has a repeat function, F4, which repeats the last action to the selection/cursor point. Can this be possible using script to capture the last action done..all possible actions, and assign it to a shortcut key.

I'm using CS2.

Experts please help!!!!!
        • 1. Re: Action Repeat
          Level 1
          A script cannot pickup the last action after the fact with no context. It is possible for a script to be written that could perform this fucntion for scripts (although all the scripts would have to cooperate by leaving relevant information somewhere).

CS2 does have the Transform Again menu on the Object menu. Perhaps that will help you, although it is nowhere close to being a general purpose Action Repeat feature.

Dave
          • 2. Re: Action Repeat
            Level 1
            Thanks Dave for the answer. Now, I realize I am dreaming about something for this as we can do many things using scripting. Can't we use Event listener?
            • 3. Re: Action Repeat
              Level 1
              What is event listener in this context? Is that an AppleScript feature? Maybe you can use it, but I'm not the one to help with that, being a JavaScript person.

Dave
              • 4. Re: Action Repeat
                liedzeit Level 2
                Wouldnt it be possible to get the last action out of the undo list?
                Event listening should also be possible. But this is a rather tricky subject. You would probably need to write the last event into some label and grab it from there

Ralf
                • 5. Re: Action Repeat
                  sstanleyau Level 4
                  On 28/6/08 5:38 PM, "Ralf Funke" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> Wouldnt it be possible to get the last action out of the undo list?<br /><br />That only gives you the name of it, not the target or anything else.<br /><br />> Event listening should also be possible.<br /><br />Only if you could somehow listen to *all* events.<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
                  • 6. Re: Action Repeat
                    liedzeit Level 2
                    So it is very easy. You make a copy of the document do an undo compare the two documents and then you just do the same thing again. (I am only joking...)
                    Ralf
                    • 7. Re: Action Repeat
                      Level 1
                      Fellow Scripters,

If it's a simple menu action, then, yes, you could do it--at least in CS3. But...how much good does it do to repeat a simple action, such as Paste? Why not just press the keyboard shortcut again?

Thanks,

Ole