1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 12:09 PM by (Olav_Kvern)

[AS CS3] Layout adjustment from upper left?

Level 1
      I think this might be an old old topic, but I think I am going to need to change the size of a document that has some elements on the page. But I want the upper left page position to be my absolute, and all page items will fit within my new document size bounds. Trouble is when I do this, at least manually and with Layout Adjustment turned off I will add, the document resizes from the center and my object placement is all blown up.
      I guess I could try to group and recenter all objects. Or, maybe I can get the size of my page objects and make a new document and paste them in.
      So maybe this is just a little grumble. Can we, or if not why can't we, force document resize to be pinned to the upper left (or center, or page gutter of facing pages, etc) at least via scripting?
      (Olav?)

-Chris
        • 1. Re: [AS CS3] Layout adjustment from upper left?
          Level 1
          Hi Chris,

re: "Can we, or if not why can't we, force document resize to be pinned to the upper left (or center, or page gutter of facing pages, etc) at least via scripting?"

We can't. Why not? Beats me, actually. I am only a tiny pawn in Great Game of InDesign.

But you can use the AdjustLayout script as the basis for a script that will move stuff around when layout adjustment doesn't do what you want. Hm. Maybe I should call it AdjustAdjustLayout?

Thanks,

Ole