2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 1:47 PM by coderhead

TabNavigator Not Displaying Tabs

coderhead
      I have an app whose top-level container is a TabNavigator (PARENT). PARENT has one static tab (index 0) and a Repeater bound to an Array that dynamically creates the remaining tabs. Clicking a button on the first tab adds an item to the Array and updates the Repeater. What should happen is this:

A new tab is added whose content is another TabNavigator (CHILD) with four tabs. The selectedIndex of PARENT is updated to the newly-added tab and CHILD's selectedIndex is updated based on the data contained therein.

What actually happens is this:

A new tab is added whose content appears to be a Box with a border, but no tabs. Only the content of CHILD's first tab is displayed.

At one point this was working but now it's messed up. I've checked all of my code for consistent line endings, etc. The app runs perfectly except for this display issue.
        • 1. Re: TabNavigator Not Displaying Tabs
          ntsiii Level 3
          One this I see is that you shuld have:
          AppTabs.selectedIndex = openDeals.length - 1;
          since selectedIndex is zero based.

I always suspect instantiation issues with navigator controls. For testing, put creationPolicy="all" in AppTabs, and see if that changes anything.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: TabNavigator Not Displaying Tabs
            coderhead Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: ntsiii
            One this I see is that you shuld have:
            AppTabs.selectedIndex = openDeals.length - 1;
            since selectedIndex is zero based.

Tracy

The reason I'm using openDeals.length is because the static tab takes up index 0 so I need to start at 1 for my new tabs. That was purposeful. I'll try the creationPolicy and see what happens.