4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 3:16 PM by dukeofbroadway

Search Highlight Error

dukeofbroadway
      I am using Calvin Ly's method for highighting search using RoboHelpHTML X5. Everything works well until I get to the topic. Yes, the search words highlight but Help freezes as I get a Microsoft Internet Explorer error message. The IE error message is:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/xprodapp1:9999/ptsmrhelp/PTSMR_ICMS.html

Note: PTSMR_ICMS.html is the home page.

Thank You!
        • 1. Re: Search Highlight Error
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Nothing to do with the script. Open the js file in a text editor to see what it contains. I've not seen any problems like this reported regarding the use of this script. Have you followed the instructions from my site?

I notice you have an html extension. RH uses htm and I don't know if Calvin's script will work with html. Try it in a test project using just htm files.

• 2. Re: Search Highlight Error
            dukeofbroadway Level 1
            1)Thanks for your reply Peter. I answered your questions in << parens>> within your answer below.
            2)If I cannot resolve the problem, would removing the js file allow Help to work (I know I won't get the search highlight).

Nothing to do with the script. Open the js file in a text editor to see what it contains.<<Nothing that I see but I'll look it over some more in case I missed something>> I've not seen any problems like this reported regarding the use of this script. Have you followed the instructions from my site?<<Yes>

I notice you have an html extension. RH uses htm and I don't know if Calvin's script will work with html. Try it in a test project using just htm files. <<It did not seem to make a difference>>

• 3. Re: Search Highlight Error
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              You could try moving the js file. Not sure if it will simply by-pass the highlighting or throw a wobbly because the file is missing.

I really do not think it is the js file. It is either something about the way you are implementing the method or something quite unrelated.

Try another project without the method. Same issue.

Sorry but I am now going to be away for a couple of days with little or no internet access. I'll pick up with this thread when I return unless someone else can help meantime.

Check you have followed everything exactly.

• 4. Re: Search Highlight Error
                dukeofbroadway Level 1
                Have a great time. We'll miss you!