I have a site with some pretty hefty FLV's and I want to show
the user that they are loading...the progress bar thing.
So I used the code right out of the livedocs for "Creating a
progress bar for loading FLV files with Actionscript". I used it
with their sample FLV and with my FLV and got the same result. I
saw a progress bar and percent text, I heard the audio, but no
video. Can anyone help me either fix the livedoc code or use some
other to get this to work??
1. CTRL+L to open up the library panel.
2. On the very top right corner there is an icon. Click on
3. A menu will appear and then select “New
4. Drag this instance from the library onto the stage.
5. Give it an instance name of “my_video”
6. Put the code from the livedocs into frame one.
That should work. If you can actually compile the code with
nothing on stage and you can hear the audio from that FLV. So that
means you don’t have a Video instance on stage or incorrect
instance name. Good luck.