I am trying to get Flex Builder 3 setup but having some
problems configuring it to communicate with the app server. I had
this working once but cannot get it back. Flex builder is installed
on my XP machine and CF is installed on my Redhat 5 box with
Here are my steps:
1. Create new flex project
2. Project Name: myfirstflex.
3. Project location: N:\myfirstflex (mapped to samba share)
This is actually /var/www/html/myfirstflex on the RH box.
4. Application Type: Web Application(runs in Flash Player)
5. Server Technology: Coldfusion. Use remote access service
is checked. LCDS is selected at the moment but does not seem to
matter which one is selected.
6. Server Location: Standalone
7. Coldfusion Root Folder: O:\WEB-INF\flex (samba share on RH
box) This is actually /opt/coldfusion8/wwwroot/WEB-INF/flex.
8. WebRoot: N:\myfirstflex (same as step 3)
9. Root URL:
Upon on validation I get " Invalid root. The WEB-INF/flex
folder must contain either flex-config.xml or services-config.xml."
Like I said I had this working once but cannot get it back. Does
anyone see something I am overlooking?
I'd love to help because I know how frustrating it is to get
it working. Unfortunately, I run CF locally and IIS as the web
server. However, maybe my settings will spark something that you
3. C:\Documents and Settings\[useraccount]My
4. Web application/
5. Coldfusion/ColdFusion Remoting